Do you get tongue-tied when you sit down for job interviews? You’re not the only one. Here are seven tips for acing that next interview and getting that dream job.
- Do your research! Make sure you have a very good understanding of the company and the position that you are applying for prior to the interview.
- Dress appropriately and bring as little as possible (that means no coffee cup!). You should look polished and professional no matter what the job is that you are applying for.
- Practice answering common interview questions before hand.
- Be energized. Avoid poor body language and posture. Remember to sit upright in your chair with both arms spread shoulder width apart.
- Take your time before answering questions – better to pause then to say something you didn’t mean to say.
- Ask the employer insightful questions. This shows that you are not some robot and that you have actually listened to them throughout the interview.
- Follow up with an email or, better yet, a hand written note, thanking the employer for the opportunity to interview. You’d be surprised how good of an impression this will leave.
Ready now? Check out our jobs search to get started.