As we all know, the life of a college student can be financially difficult but don’t worry, we’ve compiled a quick list of student credit cards along with their benefits in order to help you make the right decision when it comes time to open up an account! :
1. Discover it® for Students:
• One of the few credit cards out that will allow for a co-sign. If this is your first credit card and you’re still only a student under the age of 21 with no stable source of income, this is a massive benefit to have.
• Offers a 0% introductory APR period.
• Will waive the first late payment made with no penalty APR.
• Free access to your FICO score.
2. Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students:
• Earn rewards points for using your card at restaurants, amusement parks, concerts, and various other merchant locations, most importantly – bars!
• These reward points can be redeemed for your own personal use. They can be used gifts, traveling, or even to make student loan payments!
3. Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®:
• Get rewarded for your punctual payments. After the first 5 successful on-time payments, you’ll receive an increase in your credit line.
• With this card, you can choose the payment date that will be best for you.