You may have a hard time deciding whether you want that brand spanking new home with the beautiful new floors or that old rustic fixer upper that has a ton of potential and character. Check out the below for the benefits of buying either home:
1. Cheaper to maintain – When you have new appliances, there is less repairs of course!
2. Comfortable/upscale neighborhood – Since you’re in a new home, you could be in a very nice new development. You could be surrounded by people with similar lifestyles to yours.
3. New contemporary design – Your house is very up to date, which means there is no need to redesign it.
4. Flexibility on design – If you’re buying a newly constructed home you can customize your it anyway you’d like!
1. More options and availability – Newer homes are hard to come by, with older homes you can find plenty of options!
2. Save money – Older homes that need some work tend to be much cheaper and can really save you money in the long run.
3. Documented history – Any issues that may have surfaced for an old home will be shown in disclosure documents. You will have better insight into what you’re buying.
4. Location! – Older homes tend to be located in the center of town which could be very close to great nightlife, restaurants etc.